Monday, June 6, 2011

Cooking from my Home Store

  Each week on my cooking blog I post a weekly menu on Wednesday. This week I challenged myself to an experiment; cook from my home store. I will be preparing each day's dinner solely with items in my home store; allowing me to better see how prepared my family is for an emergency, and how to best utilize my THRIVE products and other home store items.
  Today is Scalloped Potatoes. I will be serving the potatoes with ham from my freezer and canned green beans.

Scalloped Potatoes (Better known as Funeral Potatoes in Utah-weird, I know!)

1 c. THRIVE Sour Cream Powder (rehydrated with 1 c. water)
2 recipes Magic Mix Cream of Mushroom Soup (to equal 2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup)
1/2 c.THRIVE Butter Powder (rehydrated with 1/2 c. water)
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 c. Corn Flakes, crushed
1/4 c. margarine, melted

  Pour 10 cups water into a large pot and bring to a boil; add potato dices and boil 10 minutes. Drain potatoes and pour into a 9x13 baking dish. Add sour cream, cream of mushroom soup, butter, cheese, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
  Combine crushed corn flakes and melted margarine; sprinkle over casserole. Bake at 350 degrees 30-45 minutes or until casserole bubbles around the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment