Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Creamy Tomato Soup

This is one of my all-time favorite soups-thank you to my mother-in-law for introducing me to it! I have altered it to use my wonderful THRIVE ingredients. I hope you love it as much as I do.


Creamy Tomato Soup

1 c. THRIVE FD Onions (rehydrated with 1 c. warm water)
2 Tbsp. butter
2 (14.5 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
2 c. Magic Mix + 2 1/2 c. water + 2 tsp. THRIVE Tomato Powder (you've just made two cans homemade cream of tomato soup)
4 Tbsp. + 1 1/2 tsp. THRIVE Powdered Milk (rehydrated with 1 1/2 c. water)
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
  In a saucepan, saute onion in butter about 2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients except cream cheese. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 quarts

Want more ideas on how to use your tomato powder?

No comments:

Post a Comment